Program Focus by Semester
The College Bound Today program focuses on a different theme during each semester. Themes are:
- Spring – First Semester – Planning for College: Reviewing requirements and developing your plan. Developing trust and bonds between the mentors and their assigned students.
- Fall, Second Semester – Getting Ready for College: Which College to attend? Go to a College Fair and visit/learn about at least 10 colleges and universities in the area.
- Spring, Third Semester – Preparing for the SAT – Financing College – Scholarship and Financial Aid research – Federal student aid application. College Bound Today contracts with Compass Education Group, a well-respected SAT preparation vendor located in Beverly Hills to provide a 30 hour SAT preparation course for our students. All students complete the SAT.
- Fall, Forth Semester – Preparing college applications, writing college essays, and applying for colleges.
- Spring, Fifth Semester – Staying sharp, learning about careers, preparing for college, and celebrating admission.